SIMPLE POT ROAST
1 ½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ onion, diced
3 tsp. minced garlic
3 bay leaves
2 T. vegetable oil
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
¼ c. red cooking wine
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. beef bouillon granules
¾ c. water
1. Preheat oven to 300.
2. Mix 2 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. pepper and 1 tsp garlic powder in small bowl. Rub on both sides of the roast.
3. Heat oil on medium-low heat in large Dutch oven or oven-proof pot. Add garlic and onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add roast and brown, searing on both sides. Remove from heat. Add bay leaves.
5. In small bowl, combine mushroom soup, red wine, Worcestershire sauce and beef bouillon. Pour over roast. Add water.
6. Cover with lid or foil and bake 2 to 2 ½ hours or until tender (my oven seems to cook fast, so cooking time may vary).
7. Remove and discard bay leaves.
8. Serve over mashed potatoes.