HOT NACHO DIP
This appetizer is perfect for football parties or a get-together with family and friends! I always make homemade taco seasoning but you can also use one packet of store-bought taco seasoning.
1/8 C. homemade taco seasoning (see recipe below)
1/2 C. water
8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
4 T. sour cream
14.5 oz. salsa
4 green onions, sliced
2 C. shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese
1. Brown ground beef over medium-high heat.
2. Add taco seasoning mix and water. Mix well on low heat.
3. Meanwhile, cream together sour cream and cream cheese.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a deep-dish pie plate.
5. Layer ground beef mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
6. Spread salsa over the ground beef and top with green onions.
7. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
8. Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
9. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
I usually triple this recipe and store in a mason jar for future use. When I make taco meat, I use around 1/8 cup of seasoning and 1/2 - 3/4 cup water with 1 lb. of ground beef.
1 T. chili powder
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (I usually cut this in half since we have kids)
¼ tsp. dried oregano
½ tsp. paprika
1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.