THE BLUE & BACON
The blue cheese sauce we use in this recipe is from The Pioneer Woman’s Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion-Blue Cheese Sauce (which we also recommend trying)!
You can season your hamburgers any way you like, but we suggest trying to the following: ☺
Ingredients for Hamburgers:
2 pounds Tjaden Ranch ground beef
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1/4 cup Allegro Original Marinade
Salt & Pepper
Bacon slices, cooked
Other additional toppings (lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc.)
Ingredients for Blue Cheese Sauce:
4 tablespoons butter
1 large yellow or white onion
3/4 - 1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Mix ground beef, minced onion, marinade, salt and pepper in large bowl.
2. Form ground beef mixture into 8-10 hamburger patties.
3. Grill patties to your liking.
4. Meanwhile for the blue cheese sauce, saute onions in 4 tablespoons butter over high heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until dark and caramelized.
5. Reduce heat to simmer and pour in heavy cream. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until thickened and reduced by half.
6. Stir in blue cheese until melted.
7. Build your hamburger with your favorite toppings, including sliced bacon, and top with a generous amount of the blue cheese sauce.